Monday, August 10, 2015

Flowers Recommended for Pressing

When you are planning to have your bridal bouquet preserved,
this list can guide your choices, as there are so many!

This was one of the most difficult bouquets I've ever pressed
.....and the most fun!!!
You will see Artichoke, Succulents, Cabbage, Seed Eucalyptus and Scabiosa Pods.
I've also pressed Cotton Boles, Billy Balls Hypericum Berries and Pin Cushion Protea!
Those are some of the unusual things I've pressed, but here is a list of the more common flowers I've pressed with success.  Keep in mind, there can be outside factors that can effect a flowers success when pressed, such as chemicals sprayed on the flowers, and how the bouquet is treated before it arrives at my studio.

Flowers Recommended For Pressing

  • Alstromeria
  • Baby's Breath
  • Calla Lilly
  • Carnation
  • Dahlia
  • Daisy
  • Delphinium
  • Dendrobium Orchid
  • Fern
  • Freesia
  • Garden flowers (many)
  • Gerbera Daisy
  • Heather
  • Hydrangea
  • Hypericum Berries
  • Ivy
  • Lavender
  • Lilac (purple)
  • Lily of the Valley
  • Lisianthus
  • Lotus Pod
  • Lupine
  • Orchids (most)
  • Queen Anne's Lace
  • Peony
  • Protea
  • Ranunculus
  • Rose
  • Sea Holly
  • Statice
  • Succulents
  • Sunflowers
  • Stock
  • Tulip
 Pressed Garden has developed many techniques with more difficult flowers and has had success with flowers believed to be "unpressable".  Still, there are some that still give me problems.  I've only found one plant that I will not use in my pressed flower designs and that is Asparagus Fern.  Here are some items that I will still press, but their outcome is inconsistent:  
 
  • Asparagus Fern
  • Berries (some, not all)
  • Billy Balls
  • Chrysanthemum (some, not all)
  • Gardenia
  • Iris
  • Ornamental Cabbage
  • Plumosa Fern
  • Scabiosa Pods
  • Snapdragon
  • Stephanotis
  • Succulents (some, not all)
  • Zinnia


These Lists are not exhaustive, so if your favorite flower is not here, feel free to ask.
I will always, always try to press everything!  ....because I love the challenge!


Take this list with you when you meet with your floral designer!  Enjoy planning your beautiful bridal bouquet, with the assurance that I will do my
best to press every item in your bouquet!


No comments:

Post a Comment