Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Valentines Day Remembrance



We often do not know what a day will bring.  My heart has been
profoundly touched by this story.

This is why I preserve flowers....because sometimes the
flowers we receive are too precious to just let turn to dust.

These are Valentines Day Flowers 
Roses, Alstromeria, Sweet William, Dyed Hydrangea,
Dyed Statice and a few different leaves.
Two days later, the giver of the flowers, the husband, passed away.
The coworkers of the wife brought the flowers to me for preservation.


I wept as I pressed the flowers, but am very happy that I had the privilege of 
preserving them so that she is able to have them forever.
  
The flowers are presented on an ivory background
and in an 8x10" barnwood frame.
When I came across these heart shaped petals down inside the roses, 
I was thrilled and knew they would be part of the design! 

A Rose Petal Pendant was made from one of the perfect rose petals.
Thank you, Andrea, for the honor and the pleasure of preserving these precious
flowers for your friend. ~Annie, Pressed Garden 

All Floral Preservation Art by: Annie Smith, Pressed Garden, LLC, Austin, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment